Storyboard

     This week we were tasked with creating a storyboard for our magazine or film. I decided to try and take advantage of this opportunity by creating my storyboard for my magazine in Adobe InDesign. At first, I stumbled upon many challenges, how to change font color, how to resize images, how to change the borders for the magazine. But after a little of messing around and using Google, I figured out how to overcome these challenges. As of right now, I have a pretty good idea of my title font, color, cover images, and what my feature article is going to be about. Using InDesign to create my storyboard helped me know what to expect when I create my final magazine. When messing around with images I realized that this will not be as easy as I thought it was going to be. Making the masthead the correct font, correct size, and correct color to match the main image turned out to be a lot more challenging than I first imagined. “When you put ideas on storyboards, you begin to see interconnections - you see how one idea relates to another. You begin to see how all the pieces fit together” (Higgins 1995). Before I started story boarding, I thought I had a clear idea of how my magazine was going to put together. Once I sat down and started working on the layout, I realized how much more I could actually do. All the different ways I could arrange my pictures and text. After reading the article, Film making across the curriculum: a beginner's guide, I came to a realization that film making and creating a magazine are very similar. In the article it tells you a couple of different key questions to ask yourself when creating the film. These questions are, “Who is your audience? What is your message? What sort of film will you make?” These can also be asked when creating a magazine. You must consider who you are creating the magazine for, and what type of content you want to create. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Draft: Grandma's Kitchen

Peer Review