Decision Day
In class this past week we worked on tutorials on Adobe InDesign and Adobe Premier Pro. In the past I've worked with Photoshop and various video editing software. Because I have more experience with video editing software such as Adobe Premier Pro, I am going to choose the film instead of the magazine. The editing process in Adobe Premiere Pro comes to me at extreme ease, I know how to add transitions, cut and crop videos, how to zoom in on a video, how to add sound effects and/or music and much more. Whereas I know how to use Adobe InDesign but as stated by Joey Franklin, author of “Survival of the fittest: four editors on the future of literary magazines”, “Readership is painfully low, budgets are notoriously tight, and many journals are struggling to stay viable, let alone relevant”. I believe that the age of magazines is over, and the Internet is taking over and everyone is switching to the Internet for their news and whatnot.
First, I will talk about Adobe Premiere Pro. When I was messing around on it editing different clips and sounds together and such, I quickly realized that it was not as easy as I thought it was going to be. Premiere Pro is pretty different compared to other video editing softwares that I have used. I definitely think that Premiere Pro is more difficult compared to let's say Sony Vegas Pro. Personally I prefer Sony Vegas, but I will take this opportunity to learn a new program and uncover all of its cool hidden secrets. After following the tutorial, it became slightly easier to understand and use but I will still definitely need to play with it more and/or watch more tutorials.
Next, is Adobe InDesign. The only other photo editing program that I've used before is Photoshop. I’m not certified in Photoshop but at some point, I used to be pretty good at it. I knew all the keyboard shortcuts and how to do just about everything. I learned all of it by just either figuring it out googling how to do a certain thing. We were told that no matter which project we choose we will still have to learn how to use both Adobe InDesign and Adobe Premier Pro. When compared to programs such as Photoshop, InDesign’s design and look looks very similar. It appears that Photoshop has more editing tools but overall, the same. I was worried that the two programs were going to be different but after messing around on InDesign I realized that it was quite similar to Photoshop and it should take no time at all to master.
As I said in my first paragraph, I am going to choose the film for my project. As said by Cherry, Wayne, writer of “Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom”, “Our students all have stories to tell; we just need to give them a platform and an audience”. I have always thought that filming and making a movie is cool and fun. You start out with this idea in your head that transitions onto the big screen for thousands to see.
Comments
Post a Comment